Understanding how to pay for therapy is one of the most commonly cited barriers for families seeking support. We have done our best to provide as much information to you as possible, and if you have a question that isn’t answered here, you can contact us at 206.639.2880 or email@example.com.
Paying for therapy
Our rates have changed as of September 1, 2023.
- Counseling Intake Session: $200, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Individual Counseling: $165, scheduled for 53 minutes
- Family Counseling: $165, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Parent Support: $123.75, scheduled for 40 minutes
- Group Counseling: $55 for 50 minutes
- Counseling Intake Session: $185, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Individual Counseling: $150, scheduled for 53 minutes
- Family Counseling: $150, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Parent Counseling: $112.50, scheduled for 40 minutes
- Group Counseling: $50, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Counseling Intake Session: $80, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Individual Counseling: $60, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Family Counseling: $60, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Parent Support: $60, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Group Counseling: $20, scheduled for 50 minutes
- Individual Counseling
- Dyadic Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Drama Therapy
- Skill Coaching
- Parent Support
Some of our therapists are in-network with these insurances and accept the contracted rate. This means that your insurance pays us directly, and you are responsible to pay only your copay, coinsurance, or deductible.
- Premera/Anthem BCBS
- Kaiser Permanente HMO, PPO, & EPO
- First Choice Health Network
What if you don’t accept my insurance?
If you would like to use your benefits but your therapist is not in network, let us know! If we are unable to bill them directly, we can provide you with an itemized receipt called a “superbill” to submit directly to your insurance for reimbursement.
Everyone has the right to access therapy. We do our best to provide you with a variety of options to make therapy affordable. Each of our therapists has a limited number of reduced fee slots available, and we do our best to provide you with a variety of payment options, including insurance billing, short-term EAP coverage, pre-tax HSA/FSA dollars, and low cost therapy services with one of our graduate student interns.
We offer $60 sessions through our graduate student internship program. Graduate student therapists at our practice are working on their master’s degree in a mental health discipline and have completed master’s level coursework in counseling skills, theories, and practice. All therapy interns work under the direct supervision of one of our independently licensed therapists.
We require a credit, debit, or flex spending/HSA card on file in order to schedule sessions. Your card on file will be charged automatically for your portion of your session fee.
You may cancel or reschedule an appointment anytime as long as you provide 48 hours notice. If you cancel an appointment with less than 48 hours notice or fail to show up, you will be charged the full fee for the appointment. Of course, we also understand that there are times that an emergency may come up closer to the appointment, and in that case, we will make every effort to reschedule your appointment to another available time that week. It’s important to remember that insurance and health savings accounts will not pay for missed appointments, so you will be responsible for the full appointment fee, not just a copay.
- Neta Cohen, LMHC: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser, First Choice, Lyra
- Jordan Klekamp, LMHC: First Choice, Kaiser, Lyra
- Meredith Lyerla, LICSW: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser (pending)
- Sarah Rood, LMFT: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser, First Choice
- Zoe Cavnar-Lewandowski, LMHC: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser, First Choice
- Kat Fitch, LMFTA: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser
- Shanti Friedman, LMHCA: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser
- Lakeland Hahn, LSWAIC: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser
- Sarah Olbrantz, LMFTA Pending: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser
- Cristina Vazquez, LMFTA: Premera, Lifewise, Kaiser
As part of your initial setup in our system, our Client Care team will help you verify your in-network or out-of-network benefits. This process typically takes only a few minutes and can even be done while you are on the phone. In order to verify your benefits, we will need the following information:
– The name of your insurance provider
– Your insurance ID number
– The name and date of birth of the primary insured person
– Your child’s name and date of birth
We also encourage you to be knowledgeable about your own insurance benefits. Don’t just take our word for it; contact your insurance plan directly to confirm what will/will not be covered! Insurance plans do misquote us, so it’s always a good idea for you to speak with them directly. Here are some good questions to ask:
- What are my in-network and out-of-network mental health benefits?
- Is there a deductible that needs to be met first?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care provider?
- How many sessions are covered per calendar year?
- Are there any restrictions in place?
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your therapy will cost.
Under the law, healthcare providers need to give clients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for psychotherapy services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for psychotherapy services.
- Make sure you receive a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before you begin services. You can also ask for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule services.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visitwww.cms.gov/nosurprises or call our office at 206.639.2880
Initial phone call
Not sure who to work with? Fill out our secure contact form, and our Client Care Care Team will help connect you to the right person. We respond to all requests within 1-2 working days.