Understanding how to pay for therapy is one of the most commonly cited barriers for families seeking support. We have done our best to provide as much information to you as possible, and if you have a question that isn’t answered here, you can contact us at 206.639.2880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paying for therapy
The charge for the initial intake session is $175.
All subsequent therapy sessions are $105 or $140 depending on the session length.
- Individual Therapy
- Dyadic Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Skill Coaching
- Parent Support
We are in-network with these insurances and accept the contracted rate. This means that your insurance pays us directly, and you are responsible to pay only your copay, coinsurance, or deductible.
- First Choice Health Network/Kaiser Access PPO
We provide courtesy billing for these insurances as an out-of-network provider. This means that you pay us the full fee on the day of your session, we submit an insurance claim on your behalf, and your insurance provider mails you a check to reimburse you for their portion of the session fee.
- Regence BCBS
What if my insurance isn’t listed?
If you would like to use your benefits but your insurance is not listed, let us know! If we are unable to bill them directly, we can provide you with an itemized receipt called a “superbill” to submit directly to your insurance for reimbursement.
Everyone has the right to access therapy. We do our best to provide you with a variety of options to make therapy affordable. Each of our therapists has a limited number of reduced fee slots available, and we do our best to provide you with a variety of payment options, including insurance billing, short-term EAP coverage, pre-tax HSA/FSA dollars, and low cost therapy services with one of our graduate student interns.
Our associate and licensed therapists may accept Wellspring EAP benefits for new clients. To use this benefit, you must contact your EAP directly and request a referral to our practice. We do not retroactively accept EAP payment for services that have already been provided.
We offer $35 sessions through our graduate student internship program. Graduate student therapists at our practice are working on their master’s degree in a mental health discipline and have completed master’s level coursework in counseling skills, theories, and practice. All therapy interns works under the direct supervision of one of our independently licensed therapists.
We require a credit, debit, or flex spending/HSA card on file in order to schedule sessions. Your card on file will be charged automatically for your portion of your session fee on the day of your appointment.
You may cancel or reschedule an appointment anytime as long as you provide 48 hours notice. If you cancel an appointment with less than 48 hours notice or fail to show up, you will be charged the full fee for the appointment. Of course, we also understand that there are times that an emergency may come up closer to the appointment, and in that case, we will make every effort to reschedule your appointment to another available time that week. It’s important to remember that insurance and health savings accounts will not pay for missed appointments, so you will be responsible for the full appointment fee, not just a copay.
In Network Billing
- Brynn Fitzer, LMHC: Premera, Lifewise, United/Optum
- Cristina Vazquez, LMFTA: Premera, Lifewise
- Jordan Klekamp, LMHC: Premera, Lifewise, First Choice/Kaiser, United/Optum
- Katie Leask, LMFT: Premera, Lifewise, First Choice/Kaiser, United/Optum
- Lara Lucia, LICSW: Premera, Lifewise, First Choice/Kaiser, United/Optum
- Neta Cohen, LMHCA: Premera, Lifewise
- Sarah Rood, LMFT: Premera, Lifewise, First Choice/Kaiser, United/Optum
- Zoe Cavnar-Lewandowski, LMHC: Premera, Lifewise, First Choice/Kaiser, United/Optum
- Brynn Fitzer, LMHC: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, First Choice/Kaiser, Regence BCBS
- Cristina Vazquez, LMFTA: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, United/Optum, First Choice/Kaiser
- Jordan Klekamp, LMHC: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, Regence BCBS
- Katie Leask, LMFT: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, Regence BCBS
- Lara Lucia, LICSW: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, Regence BCBS
- Neta Cohen, LMHCA: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, United/Optum, First Choice/Kaiser
- Sarah Rood, LMFT: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, Regence BCBS
- Zoe Cavnar-Lewandowski, LMHC: Aetna, Cigna, HMA, Regence BCBS
As part of your initial setup in our system, our Client Care team will help you verify your in-network or out-of-network benefits. This process typically takes only a few minutes and can even be done while you are on the phone. In order to verify your benefits, we will need the following information:
– The name of your insurance provider
– Your insurance ID number
– The name and date of birth of the primary insured person
– Your child’s name and date of birth
We also encourage you to be knowledgeable about your own insurance benefits. Don’t just take our word for it; contact your insurance plan directly to confirm what will/will not be covered! Insurance plans do misquote us, so it’s always a good idea for you to speak with them directly. Here are some good questions to ask:
- What are my in-network and out-of-network mental health benefits?
- Is there a deductible that needs to be met first?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care provider?
- How many sessions are covered per calendar year?
- Are there any restrictions in place?
Initial phone call
Not sure who to work with? Fill out our secure contact form, and our Client Care Care Team will help connect you to the right person. We respond to all requests within 24 business hours.