Atlas Counseling is a thriving Seattle-based counseling practice focused on promoting child and adolescent wellness. We are currently seeking a child, teen, and young adult therapist to join our growing team. This is a W2 employee position that pays per client hour, and your pay rate for each session is dependent on your licensure level. Hours are scheduled in shifts (8 am-12 pm, 12 pm-4 pm, 4 pm-8 pm), and you can decide what hours you work based on what office shifts are available. Hours must include some late evenings and/or Saturdays. This is a great opportunity for a therapist who wants to work with children and youth age 4-24 and their families, grow a caseload at a sustainable rate, and work in in a private practice without the pressure of running their own business.
We believe that inequitable systems of power and privilege in the field of therapy provide fewer opportunities for professionals from marginalized communities to transition into private or group practice settings. For this reason, we especially encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ, immigrant, or differently-abled therapists to apply.
What We Require
- Master’s degree in a behavioral science
- At time of hire, Washington State associate licensure as a masters-level mental health provider (LMFTA, LMHCA, LSWAIC) and eligible for independent licensure within 6 months of hire
- 1-2 years of recent, continuous experience as a child/adolescent therapist
- Basic training in play therapy or willingness to complete on-the-job training
- Evening and/or Saturday availability
- Ability to schedule an average of 12, 15, 18, 21, or 24 clients weekly
What We Prefer
- At time of hire, independent Washington State licensure as a masters-level mental health provider (LMFT, LMHC, LICSW)
- 2-5 years of recent, continuous experience as a child and adolescent therapist
- Credentialing as a Registered Play Therapist
What We Offer
- Client referrals
- Competitive hourly in-session rate
- Paid team meetings and trainings
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k matching
- In-house administrative support
- Individual and group consultation
- Flexible caseload and scheduling
- Yearly training stipend
- Supportive team environment
- Fully stocked therapy office and playroom
Atlas Counseling is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to growing an an inclusive and equitable team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Email both cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Applicants who meet the requirements and match our needs will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50.00 – $63.00 per client hour
Weekly minimum: 12 client hours
Weekly maximum: 24 client hours